ITDA Group Diver leader is a real leadership level program with Instructor Skills and Diver Supervision taught in stages.
Being an ITDA Group Dive Leader is more rewarding...
The traditional role of the dive master has long been a form of "not quite an Instructor and a "Wanna Be" Dive professional... The role of the ITDA Dive leader is one of real leadership and professional status.
The role of the ITDA Dive Leader can be a real Challenge.
In the sense of being a dive leader is demanding and the role can often mean multi-tasking. One day you may be leading a dive and the next day you may be teaching a classroom theory session and assisting instructors with students.
ITDA Dive Leaders are of more value.
ITDA Dive Leaders are worth a lot more to dive centers and instructors as the can fulfill multiple roles and even train and certify Entry Level divers under direct supervision. Making them a real fincial asset...
ITDA Group Dive Leader
ITDA Group International - Training & Certification
About ITDA Leadership Training
The ITDA Group Dive Leader is a cut above the rest...
They require a unique set of diving skills, social skills and advanced safety training...
It takes a very special person to make the grade of ITDA Dive Leader...
All of the major training agencies have their leadership levels and many are very good but our advanced skills and advanced theory training meets and exceeds the Industry standards by a long way... Making the ITDA Dive Leader Program both challenging and highly rewarding...
To qualify for ITDA Dive Leadership training you must be an ITDA Rescue Diver with a minimum of 100 Experience Dives. Other Agencies Dive Master and Master Dive may join a Dive Leadership Program... Credit will be given for previous training and experience, providing that skills are current. An assessment and Evaluation will be required for any non-ITDA trained and certified divers to attend the ITDA Group Dive Leader Course Program.
Crossover at a Leadership Level
You may examine our crossover process from a sports diving agencies, technical diving agencies or from an employment status, such as experience with the Military or as a commercial diver. Because ITDA has training in these unusual areas we understand more then most about the difficulties involved if you are a military or commercial diver and you want to dive for recreational purposes... Please see our Crossover Page
What can an ITDA Diver Leader Do?
Unlike many other agencies an ITDA Dive Leader is classified as a "Qualified Instructional Assistant" and would hold equal status with many agencies "Assistant Instructor or Instructor Rating"... And as such they may:
- Train Entry Level Scuba Divers (Under Direct Supervision) and obtain joint credit with the Instructor for all certifications
- They may train and certify limited specialist diver programs without supervision (As they are training only certified divers and they may obtain a "Specialist" Instructor rating at leadership level).
- They may qualify to become both IHMP Dive Medic Instructors and Ntech Nitrox Instructors.
- They may lead dives for certified divers and assist instructors in diver training programs.
- They may also qualify to teach ITDA Group Specialist Dry modules like Equipment Specialist and Decompression Theory.
- They may also act as "Professional Safety Divers", "First Mate" and "Safety Assistants"
How is Leadership Level Achieved?
The ITDA Dive Leadership level of certification can be achieved in three (3) ways...
1.By attending a Course Program. normally 5-6 days of training and around 18-20 hours of self study.
2. By Crossover from another agency at an acceptable equal level or above... In addition you may also be accepted from Military or Commercial Status, you may choose non status Dive Leader or Active Status Dive leader Or ITDA Master Diver.
3. By Internship of three(3) to six(6) month working with an ITDA Facility either full time or part-time.
If you are ready to step up to a real challenge and you want to share your diving experience with others contact us about becoming an ITDA Dive Leader.